How to Order & Measure Doors
1. Select WOOD TYPE. We suggest reading the detailed descriptions on our Wood Species page. You can click on each wood option to see more information. Also, be aware that the color of wood changes over time.
2. Select DOOR/DRAWER STYLE. The style of a door is usually represented by a three digit number. For a detailed explanation of the differences between the series numbers, visit our page on "What Do Style #'s Mean?"
3. Select OUTSIDE EDGE PROFILE. Door or drawer fronts ordered without an outside edge profile will be shipped with rough cut edges and will also be about 1/8"+ larger than the sizes ordered (this option is mainly for customers that wish to shape/size the outside profiles how they wish.) All four sides will be edged the same except in unique situations when specifically requested. The profile of a door is represented by a letter. (i.e. "A", "B", "C", etc.)
4. Determine DOOR AND DRAWER FRONT SIZES. Order by giving overall door and drawer front dimensions, where the first number is the width and the second is the height (e.g. 12" X 24" - where 12" is the width and 24" is the height.) DO NOT ORDER BY CABINET OPENING SIZE.
5. Check for MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM SIZE LIMITATIONS. You can find information on Min/Max size problems on our doors and drawer fronts for each style by clicking on the specific style #'s and navigating to the "specifications" tab. You can also see information on the warranty on our doors/drawer fronts at our Terms & Conditions, Wood Products page. Note that some doors over 48" in height will have additional panels and rails.
6. Scherr's ACKNOWLEDGES ALL orders, usually within one to two business days. If you do not receive an order acknowledgment, please contact us to be sure we have received your order. When you receive your order acknowledgment, review the items carefully and verify that it matches your requirements. If you discover any discrepancies, report them within 24 hours. Scherr's is not responsible for unreported discrepancies. If you received help and/or advice in figuring sizes for doors and/or drawer boxes, carefully verify all dimensions on the acknowledgment - Scherr's is NOT responsible for the final sizes of any ordered items.